Tuesday, November 29, 2005

archive: 29 november 2005: poetry and pictures


I now have on my work computer's desktop this picture of a pansy I took at home in my mom's backyard. I am at work and I am feeling better than I did last night. I had a spell when I felt dizzy like I was drunk, but... I did not drink any alcohol.

I just spent an hour or so listening to Emily Hagihara, Jem, Electrolane, Jonatha Brooke....while working on editing poems I wrote earlier this Fall. I have about three poems I need to rewrite completely. They will take some work, heart, and time. Only one of them I am emotionally attached to the content, but I have the free verse version of it and I like that version best. Just need to try it as a pantoum and that might make it better. Libby says it doesn't progress; what I have is a captured moment and emotion, which is all it was, too. I am feeling the need to work more on my poetry. Maybe it was a good thing I had no internet last night; it allowed me to focus longer on my poetry.

I need to allot time for specific things I need to work on, otherwise I won't ever get any of this creative stuff done. I have a ton of ideas, and some of the materials to do it, but never seems I have the time.

Oh... And sometime over January-March or so, I will attempt to re-upolster my own couch. Talking with mom about it over the break, I realized it'd actually be pretty damn easy. The only hard part would be the cushion covers. But I can do it as soon as I get my sewing machine fixed and finish the current project I have more than halfway finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment