Thursday, November 3, 2005

archive: 3 november 2005: sexuality and hints

I just got off the phone with my mom. In part of the conversation she mentioned Harvey. Let me tell you about Harvey. When my brother-in-law first enlisted in the Air Force, he met up with a couple of interesting guys. Gregg and two of the guys, Harvey included, came to visit at my mom's house. I don't remember what grade I was in, maybe 9th? or 10th? But after they had left, my sister had commented to me that Harvey had told her that he had been impressed by me. He and I had talked about some things, what I don't remember at all. Nice enough guy, but kinda reminds me of Elvis Costello in appearance. Kinda cute, kinda nerdy or geeky. Anyway, Mom is like... Harvey is back, and he's in Cincinnati. *very very subtle hint from Mom* Oh, I say, In Cincinnati. Cool. Changes subject.

You see... I am going to have to have a real conversation with mom about my sexuality. I want to ask some questions, her honest real opinion. I think she really needs to know a few things. I also think she would rather think its a phase or something. Its not. I'm queer. I am more myself as a lesbian now than I ever was as straight in Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment