Wednesday, August 10, 2005

archive: 10 august 2005: honey I'm home!

Well, here I am in Mississippi. I got in around 7:30, Central time. I feel all grimey 'cause I drove with both windows down (AC eats up the gas, and gas being $2.45 a gallon, I can deal with the heat). Its like I rode a motorcycle all the way down here wearing only a bikini. Speaking of swimsuits, I stopped in Nashville at a Target and bought two more shirts and I managed to find a swimsuit I MIGHT like, and MIGHT actually wear in front of people. I guess we'll see.

But I had a wonderful surprise when I checked my email today. Bryna G, who works for Right On Records, which is the independent record company Melissa Ferrick runs, emailed me. I had emailed the "webmistress" of the www.melissaferrick.com site to let her know of some broken links, and gave her the correct links and info she needed. I first was just doing that because the link for the location Melissa's performing at in Louisville, KY, had the Cleveland Heights, OH, stuff instead. So I just sent her the correct stuff and mentioned that it was no real problem 'cause I understand the upkeep of websites can be massive. I had also sent her info on which article links were dead or broken. I also sent her the info for my fansite.

She emailed me this:

hello there laura
wow, so, thank you so much for going through the site with a fine tooth comb like that.
it was so helpful.

i've gone through and updated everything you mentioned..

it's difficult to get to all of this as independent as we are over here, it's mostly just me who handles the bulk of melissa's world.
if you're interested (and have time), it would be awesome if you could help me out like this.
if you'd like to spend any off time you have going through the site and checking things that are broken or wrong, and also in the meantime, if you find articles online that you think should be added to our site as well.

ultimately, i'm looking for someone who can maintain the day to day on our site. if you're interested, i think this is good way to try this out with you and i. you go through and check up on it and email me with updates etc.. and then we'll see how it's working, and them maybe i could offer to give you more of full control over updates/email list/tour dates/etc.

my contact info is below
you can call me if you'd rather talk through this

it's also so okay if you don't have the time
thanks for considering

best,
bryna

OMG! of course! I would love to, and will try my best. I guess no one else ever thought about sending in corrections like that, or just being that helpful. I love the site design, and the clarity of info provided, and well, Melissa's music is just awesome, so who wouldn't want to help out? Anyway, that's just awesome.

I better go eat, feed momma's dogs, and shower. I am just gonna chill here at the house tonight. Tomorrow is sushi time at Little Tokyo 2. I LOVE sushi. Can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment