Wednesday, August 17, 2005

archive: 18 august 2005: salsa and pesto

I just made two kinds of salsa, and one pesto. I had bought a spice packet from Peacecraft and I followed instructions (add packet to two large diced tomatoes, or to 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, blend, then refrigerate for a little while) on the packet for one salsa. The other salsa... I had these baby orange tomatoes. They are sweet and kinda strong tasting. I diced them a little, then added some fresh oregano (I have oregano plants), and a tiny bit of fresh chives, then blended that. I tasted it, and its ok. I don't know what to add to it to make it better though. I would think dipping toasted pita bread in it might be good. Hrm... I made fresh basil pesto too. I have a basil plant and I picked two cups of leaves from it (nearly left the plant naked) and I had just bought the rest of the stuff (grated Parmesan, virgin olive oil, toasted pine nuts, garlic cloves). I just blended it up and stuck it in the fridge just now. We'll see how it is when its firmed up a little. I think I am going to get that packet salsa and eat a bit of that with tortilla chips and watch a movie or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment