Thursday, August 4, 2005

archive: 4 august 2005: rambling and QAF

Well, I have now finished watching the first season of "Queer as Folk." I am ready to watch the second season now, but I think that may have to come from Netflix 'cause I am not sure if I know anyone else who's got the other seasons. Its an awesome series. I thank Jo very very much for letting me borrow the first season after only knowing me a couple of hours. hehe...
-----
I leave tomorrow with my friend Lisa (the one here in Berea, hehe) to Dayton for a Melissa Ferrick concert. I am excited and glad to go somewhere out of town for a night, and of course to hear Melissa perform. Absolutely awesome woman. And I think Lisa said this would be her first time hearing her live. It'll be my third time; my first and second was both in June. heh....
-----
Went running to the ice cream shop with Amanda today. I was craving sorbet since someone mentioned it early afternoon, and once I got there I ordered something which looked like sorbet, but it wasn't. blah. I should have tasted it first to see if it was something I was craving. It was not. Anyway, so I was talking to Amanda about some stuff. This guy had driven by and she pretended to lick her ice cream in a sexual way, but he didn't see. It was hilarious though. I don't remember what I was saying before that, but... I said something along the lines of I wish I could go out and just meet someone like I had that time with Becky. It was such an unusual night for me 'cause that sort of thing never happens to me. She said I just needed to get a one-night stand. I said, yeah, there's this guy on myspace who messaged me (don't worry, this entry is friends-only, he can't read it) and said (1) that he thinks I am sexy, (2) that he'd like to have sex with me, and (3) that we could learn from each other. EWWWWWW!!! I mean, come on!!! What sort of come on is that? He's 33 and his hometown is listed as Berea, but it doesn't list where he is currently. I don't care, but it does give me the heebeegeebees that he lives in the same town as I do and he knows what I look like. He could be beyond freaky and stalkerish. Sex offender freak. I dunno, don't want to know, not interested. Heh.

But anyway, I tell Amanda all about that, and then also say, I don't want to be with him, I don't particularly want to be with a man for a relationship nor a one-night-stand, and besides all that, do I look like someone who could even try to pull off a one-night-stand? Ok.... those of you who know about the 3 I have had, don't speak. (1) I did not come on to them, (2) one I knew online for weeks, one I was friends with, and the other one I had known in person and it just turned out to be really bad sex I'd rather not repeat. So... yeah, not exactly your usual, "pick them up at the bar & bring them home, wham, bam, thank-you-mam" sort of things. I can't pull that sort of thing off, and really, that is not my way of doing things anyway. I said to Amanda, People can tell from a mile away that I am not one-night-stand material. I am not a pick-up girl. I am not that bold in pursuing someone in a bar like that. And people can read my face like a book.

Anyway, that's a lot of rambling. I guess I was thinking about that all night subconsciously because of Brian on Queer as Folk. He's such a slut, but he can get away with it. Of those characters, I am more like Michael.... with just a touch of Emmett (his worrisome motherly ways).

I think I better get onward to bed. Its going to be a busy day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment