Friday, August 12, 2005

archive: 12 august 2005: what an evening

Well, first full day back in MS was eventful. I met up with Kristin, Jack, Ben, and Kyle for sushi at Little Tokyo 2, and we had a laugh. Kyle was a tad bit crazy and was going off about there being a white guy behind the sushi counter. Referred to him as a honky. It was really kinda funny, because its true: when you go out to a sushi resturant you are assuming (and probably expecting) that the sushi chefs are all Asian at least. But anyway, I had four sushi rolls and some miso soup. I was much happy, pleased, and full.

Then I called Alison to see about plans for tonight. She said she'd call me at 6 and we'd see how that goes. So I went off to the movie place to catch up with the gang, and find out what zombie flicks will be rented for the Lake House trip. I drove around for a little while, stopped in Books-A-Million, and looked around in there. Saw they only had TWO books dealing with gay and lesbian issues, and these were in the "self help/personal growth" area, mixed in with the "10 ways to win yourself a woman." etc etc. WHAT-EVER. *grumbles*

Then Alison called me about 6, and we decided that it would be a coffee night, aggreed to meet her at her place at 8-ish. She had biked to work and had been caught in the rain and got drenched, so she needed to get cleaned up. So I drove around Madison a little while, then drove home for a little bit, then met up with her at her place. We went to Cups and I got an iced mocha and she got some tea. Talked for a long time about a lot of things, but though it seemed like hours and hours, it actually was about 10:15 when we left. We talked for a little while outside, and I almost passed up the chance to see if she'd mind I took a picture of the two of us, but I went ahead with it. I dunno, maybe she knows I was being a little shy about it, but I am shy about asking someone (anyone) to let me take a picture of them. Anyway, I have two... I caught her off-guard the first time, and the second one is posed. I'll post them next week because I might need to edit them a little. I am not sure about the color, brightness, contrast, etc... cause my mom's computer monitor colors seem really OFF. Its hard to tell, and I know my monitor is calibrated right.

Anyway, it was really nice catching up with Alison, and I do miss her. She's one of those friends I can always pick up where we left off with. We're not as close as Vicki and I are, but I think if we were any closer I would be at my wit's end trying to keep from making a move on her. heh. Yeah, one of those small crushes that I will never act upon. She knows that I had had a crush on her last summer, and I think she understands that I value our friendship and hope that it lasts a long time. Once she meets her special someone, I will be happy for her.

I better into bed. Its 12:14 a.m. and I need to get up around 6:30 to make sure I have everything I need for this trip to Lake Charles, leave the house in good order for Mom to find tomorrow afternoon, and get to Clinton by 8:30-ish to ride in whoever's car I am riding in.

:) Good times ahead this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment