Thursday, February 16, 2006

archive: 16 february 2006: road trips, work, and the project

ok.
This summer will consist of a LOT of driving, a LOT of pictures, and so therefore, a LOT of weekend trips to places... I don't know if I would get hotels, or camp, or find someone who will let me stay with them somewhere.... Or maybe it would be an ALL DAY Saturday sort of thing, drive three hours to a county, mapped out plan of places to go to, and then drive those thee hours back late evening. Don't know, but those are my Saturdays.... maybe.

At least that is what I want to do. So maybe this part-time job to save money should be in the weekday evenings? Oh Sigh!

So... you're asking, what counties in Kentucky do you want to go to?
Knox, Bell, Harlan, Knott, Leslie, Perry, Breathitt, Owsley, Floyd, and Pike.
Why these counties? The mountains, wildlife, and the history I know from these CSM papers.

I also want to go to West Virginia a couple times. I need to go to Cranberry Glade and to a few places Rachel W. mentioned. I also have relatives in West Virginia I need to go visit for a weekend since I am here... I can't remember exactly which towns! I think one is Farmington or Morgantown, I can't remember. I think that its North West Virginia.

Anyway, for my weekend trips, anyone will be welcome to come with me. And hopefully my car will be able to withstand it. hehe

OK.... back to work. I am so excited about this summer... not just the trips, but also the work I will begin doing here in the archives... the webpage, the display case, the finding aid... Its going to be so MUCH and I am such a GEEK about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment