Monday, February 6, 2006

archive: 6 february 2006: full-circle info, get-togethers and music

It is interesting how things come back to you, full-circle. Not physical, but intellectual. So, this actress Ann-Marie MacDonald has cameos in The L Word this season. The first time I saw her face I thought I recognized her, but I forgot to follow through and find the missing piece. Turns out, she is exactly who I thought she is: She played Frances in Better Than Chocolate. So I decide that I want to look further, see what else she has done. I discover she is a writer and playwrite. And yes, it just so happens that I have seen a production of her play, Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet) when I was in college at The University of Mississippi. I knew a lot of the people in the theatre department, especially Michelle, who was my RA and who was in the play. I remember it being a good play, though I don't remember what it is about. So this is an interesting tidbit of trivia. Oh, and she's in her late 40s, married to her partner, Alisa Palmer, and they have adopted a little girl. wow. Of course, they live in Canada, where all this is possible.

Tonight was fabulous. I had friends over, much food was eaten and enjoyed and praised, and we watched the last bit of the Superbowl. haha. My dad has been honored. hehe. And then we watched The L Word, which was emotionally-packed, along with enough sex to compensate for the lack of it in the previous episodes this season. So happy to see Lisa, Rachel, Marissa, Tina, James, Seth, and a new friend, Matt. I get all too hyper when I get to have people over.

Next weekend is going to be busy, something to do every night. Alanna is playing at Live Wire in Richmond, and I want to go hear her. Saturday I am going to Louisville with friends (Jo, Lisa, Jeff) to hear Tristan Prettyman perform. Sunday is the usual L Word get-together. I am going to be estactic all weekend. hehe...

Bedtime now... work at 8 a.m. comes way too soon. Must stop this mild insomniac behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment