Wednesday, August 15, 2007

archive: 15 august 2007: stress

As these days wander two by two, one by one,
Monday's hours echo into Wednesday evenings,
Saturday's lonesome melancholy moments meander,
as working hours turn me over on my back, clawing,
etching lines of stress and ache, starved muscles burn,
bleed as the papers pile, stack by stack, none done.
-----
AGH. Nevermind whatever that is... ok. That's hopeless. I feel achy. This "poem" over-dramatizes. I like some of the word-play though. Its worked over, not sincere because I stretched it with the word play. I agree with Michael about that, but I tend to do this naturally sometimes with poems. Sometimes it is the wordplay that comes to me before the emotion I want to express; sometimes simultaneously they come.

I just feel stressed by this report. I think I might have till Friday to finish it. I hope so. But I gotta get back on it. No play tonight. Last night when I stopped by Phoebe's to visit Gus the Cat I ended up straightening up her kitchen for her. I gotta take the trash down... I want to straighten up other areas but I think it will just be the kitchen; other rooms have a lot more personal stuff in them and I don't want to disturb that or her worry that I got nosy. ok. Back to work, Laura!!
----
EDIT: Today's daily horoscope should have come yesterday 'cause that's what I did to Phoebe's kitchen! haha!
"You're inspired to clean some corner of your home or office that doesn't usually get much love. Your positive energy makes it easier and considerably more fun than you would have expected."

No comments:

Post a Comment