Friday, August 17, 2007

archive: 17 august 2007: the seasons - a poem/song

Oh whisper soft, one thought to say it all, sunny days,
open heart through the bright hours, a cheer of joy,
sing away morning smoothness to the springtime sun.

Oh sing one, just sing one evening to the summer moon,
sing that orange crescent low, all night long, sing it down
till that little heart opens up, open wide and bring it home.

Oh sing one, just sing one morning to the autumn sun,
sing till the sunflower rises to noon, all day long, sing it loud
till that little heart opens up, open wide and bring it home.

Oh whisper soft, one word to lay it all down, sweet stars,
open heart through the quiet hours, a melody of love,
sing away evening sweetness to the wintertime moon.
-------
A little white wine will do this. I borrowed that from Phoebe's place (I will replace before she returns; Gus the cat was happy for my momentary presence). I might ought to get more of my own at the store. hmm. Maybe I should just have some of that Jameson and ginger ale. I can't handle just sipping shots, just like I can't handle the bitterness of just plain cappuccinos: I gotta have something sweet to cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment