Friday, August 24, 2007

archive: 24 august 2007: report link

I am posting in this entry the report I finished on Monday. I am not including the title page for two reasons: (1) I use OpenOffice.Org as a word processor rather than Microsoft Word. OO.Org is open source and free, and not proprietary like MSWord. I managed to set the page numbering but I could not figure out a way to make it not number the title page, so I set that up separately. (2) You folks don't necessarily need to know the funding foundation or grant number. I am only going to leave this up for a short while. I mainly want my mom to catch a glimpse from this link for a little while.

http://www.poetess77.com/ACAArchivesInventory2007Final.pdf

I have it in .pdf format with pictures from the archives and special collections I visited. This was a great experience and I am interested and curious if I feel knowledgeable enough to assist in the selection of scholars who will assess the worth of the collections. I think I will work on that next week, listing what colleges had what topics of interest specifically. Narrow it down. I know the interests will be in history, literature, music, and photography, generally, but I will need to narrow it down further.

I am ready for the weekend. I want to throw myself into editing these 24 poems I have written so far, and then start work on the last 6 for the series. I want to submit this manuscript as soon as possible, so the sooner I get this to my readers, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment