Wednesday, August 1, 2007

archive: 1 august 2007: future

I need to go through my apartment and clear out more stuff. Its not cluttered, but at the same time, all the *things* I have bog me down by being something that reminds me I cannot pack up and move easily if it ever comes to pass that I will need to. That or to move into a smaller place here. I like this apartment but at the same time it drains me... I cannot paint it. I prefer hardwood floors (Oh, I miss the duplex on Morningside Street owned by the college that I lived in when I first moved here!). I don't need big fluffy couches 'cause my cats can't seem to stop clawing them (and I cannot bear the thought of declawing them).

I don't want to leave Berea.

I am going to have to come up with some creative endeavors to stay around here. I am starting to think that I may have to see what I think I can do that has nothing to do with my degree.... I want to continue working as an archivist though, because just knowing that I have helped in some small way make something more accessible on the internet for others to study and learn from. That's why I was bound and determined to make sure THIS was online for the project I did at Berea College. Its a brief history lesson of a kind, and teachers could use it in a high school setting or as an introduction to the CSM in a college course setting.

I don't know. I have interests in a lot of things. If I could live on nothing I would. But I don't think I can, and there's so many projects and causes that I would like to contribute to actively. But a 8-5 job also seems to prevent even those kinds of activities.

AGH! Why can't it be simple?

I am behind on my work, I know, and I am going to have to spend more hours in the office getting this done. Might mean staying late. Probably will mean bringing it home and tying myself to the chair to type it there. Yeah. Oh the joy, but I gotta do this. In two weeks it is due. I will get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment