Tuesday, August 28, 2007

archive: 28 august 2007: goodness

I have to be quick but here's the run-down on a great Monday:

1. Received check from my uncle. This was payment for creating and maintaining a reunion website for their high school for a year. I volunteered my time, didn't expect payment, and was surprised to get some moolah. A treat. I promptly cashed it and the one Mom sent me last week (she's sending me money for the banjo because it is her birthday present to me).

2. After work I go to the two music stores I was hoping/waiting to see about getting the banjo from. The first one had already sold the J.B. Player. I went to GoMusic and bought the Gold Tone Cripple Creek and also got a hard shell case. Happiness. I see that case and I think to myself, "I have a banjo!" It surprises me every time.

3. I went to the KFTC meeting last night and took a lot of notes. Decided that I would like to be the alternate steering committee representative for the Madison chapter of KFTC and got seconded into the position. Talked to Toby for a bit about KFW and KFTC and feel positive about all that. I am going to apply for the KFW grant. Now I have to write a proposal and also create one of the bottles right away to include photos and video with the proposal to show what I plan to do. (I'll post a copy of my proposal here when I have it written up so you all can know what I plan to do, try to do.)

4. Left KFTC meeting, hung out with Phoebe and Adam, went to Monty's to get more wine (Bohemian Highway Merlot), come back to Berea and watch a bit of a horror flick at Cheyan's with them, then we all hang outside for a bit waiting for time to pass for the LUNAR ECLIPSE. Adam got sleepy and decided to go on home before it. I got ansty about the idea of getting across the gap to the roof of the other building and decided it was my cue to go home. I saw the lunar eclipse from home and took a few pictures from there, too. I didn't need to get on a roof to see it any better.

5. Felt too ill and lacking sleep to go to work today so I slept in. I tried to call in sick, but the phone system is down. Oh well. I'll explain tomorrow.

6. I am about to head to Lexington to my class at UK. I need to see if I need to purchase any books for the course so that's why I am going to Lex early this afternoon.

7. Sunday is my birthday! I think I will go to Union Church that morning, hike the Pinnacle right afterwards, and not entirely sure what is planned after that. Phoebe and Adam mentioned getting together to hang out, have cake. We'll see.

8. Friday night Mitch Barrett's playing at Ground Effects. Live music is also on my list of things to do. Which reminds me, Thursday night is supposed to be the Female Music Review at The Dame. Might go to that. It's only $7 but it is the trip up and back. Not sure yet.

Ok. Gotta go!!

And today's horoscope once again appears to apply:
You've got to try something a little different today. Your people are just going to bumble along helplessly with or without you, so see if you can focus solely on your own business instead of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment