Thursday, August 9, 2007

archive: 9 august 2007: banjo joy

Probably within the next two weeks I will have my banjo! Probably less than that.
Mom wrote me back and said that she could swing it.

It dawned on me just a few minutes ago how big this is to me. You know, when family or friends ask you what you want for Christmas or your Birthday or some other holiday-gift-giving event, and your answer may always be, "I don't know, just whatever." Well, that's me. 'Cause I have never been big on asking for big things from my folks, never wanted the really expensive things because I didn't want to be greedy or snobby. I didn't want them to have to spend that much money on me. I was happy with whatever they thought to get me for whatever birthday, Christmas, etc. The season makes me happy simply with being with them, that's my present.

But I am realizing that this is something that I have really wanted and was going to plan on getting myself, but then Mom offered to get it for me for my birthday. I have always wanted to learn to play an instrument. Always. I know a lot of people always say this, but I love music. I think that I would go crazy if it was suddenly forbidden. I would.

So I am excited about learning the banjo. Ecstatic, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment