Friday, August 31, 2007

archive: 31 august 2007: thursday recap

Maybe because the moon is waning and my moods/emotions have been kinda sorta roller-coastering, I suddenly felt very sad just now. There's other things to factor in. I probably just need some spinach...or I haven't had shrimp in ages! I just looked up what's got B12 and B6, so that's probably all I need. I know I haven't been eating very healthy. Cheese, tomatoes, bread, some onions, wine, yogurt, coffee, water.... that could pretty much sum it up the last week or so. Not good!

And last night was fun. I should write about it in a prose form soon but this is what happened: I went home after checking email and writing/contemplating some ideas and thoughts. Upon getting home I decided that I was going to dismantle the table there and put it upstairs in the second bedroom. I still have to move the boxes that I had downstairs upstairs, too. I finally called Vicki back and talked to her for about an hour. Next June I may finally get to see her again, meet her husband and her stepson (aka adopted son because his mother's another issue). I've known Vicki since I was in 6th grade. So I finally texted Phoebe to see what she was up to, how she was doing, and she was feeling down about having to move. So I went over to visit, chat, and help pack, but when I got there we ended up sitting in the park across the way because there was someone she spied from her window who seemed interesting to talk to and meet. Turns out he'd been to some parts of Maine she had been to, and he was sending some *stuff* to a friend in a candle. hahaa! Then Cheyan, Emmy, and Adam came round and sat outside talking with us. Adam and I kept recalling all the icons of our childhood, My Little Pony, She-Ra, Transformers, etc, and then the major events like the Rodney King Riots, Desert Storm, Challenger, and where we were when those things happened. I am always amazed at how much detail others remember about those events. For example, he remembers certain broadcasts by Dan Rather was able to explain all that, but I remember only being in my Algebra class in the trailer, Les Kelly sitting in front of me, and there's a TV showing the map of the Middle East with lines and markers. What I remember most about the Rodney King Riots? One tiny clip of the fighting on TV, but moreso Quentin Morgan writing in my yearbook a four-line poem about the riots that I didn't understand at the time. Challenger? For years my memory mistakenly (and it still does) places me watching that on a TV in Mrs. Bailey's classroom when I was in 4th grade (Mrs. Drury's class). I guess it is entirely possible Mrs. Drury had us go into Mrs. Bailey's class. Now I think about it, I wasn't sitting in a desk but on the floor! So maybe I remember it right just got the timing confused because Mrs. Bailey was there. Anyway, we saw it on the TV. And we talked about 9/11. I haven't decided if I will go to the costume/birthday party tonight. I'll see those same people, but I am not sure about it. Then we all went up to Phoebe's for a bit. Mike B. finally came over and the traveler guy (I think) was going to stay with him. Hope so, 'cause Phoebe needed some sleep! It was 3 a.m. when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment