Thursday, March 13, 2014

1 Giant Leap and Capote

Most of these prompts are quotes from the film 1 Giant Leap. There are two quotes from a novel by Truman Capote I just finished reading, Other Voices, Other Rooms. Enjoy!

"This is what comes through to us." - from The Greek

"It's God making contact with itself." – Ram Dass (in reference to creation of art)

"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die." – Leonardo da Vinci

"When you can't find the rhyme to fit the beat, You can't find the answer to feel complete." - ?

"There will be time to put on the face to meet the faces that you meet." – T.S. Eliot

"Every man and woman has their place. They have their entrances and they have their exits." - ?

"I have to learn not to waste everything my forefathers earned in tears." - Maxi Jazz

"Last night I went to sleep as a child
Only to wake up this morning finding I was a man.
In my hand I discovered the tools and the rage of my father.
In my heart I found the love and fears of my mother...........
We are not walking with the ghosts of the dead...
We are alive... In the spirit of our passion"
- Michael FRANTI, from 1 Giant Leap (film)

"...for anger seemed, if anything, more unsafe than love: only those who know their own security can afford either." - Truman Capote

"...he is no rose dependent upon thorn or root." - Truman Capote

No comments:

Post a Comment