Sunday, March 16, 2014

Morning Sleeplessness

I didn't sleep well at all last night and I feel as if I could just go home and crawl right back into bed.  Maybe the coffee will help me fake it.  Maybe by the time it is 5 I will be wired.  Right now I feel foggy. I re-arranged my living room, kitchen, and bedroom, so I think I am still getting used to it.  This is not the morning I would like to have perpetually.  And maybe reading fine quotes will make me sleepy, but more often than not they make me think more.
I hope yesterday's and today's daily quotes give you some writing ideas!
January 22, 2010
"How do people go to sleep? I'm afraid I've lost the knack. I might try busting myself smartly over the temple with the night-light. I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damn things." - Dorothy Parker
January 21, 2010
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning." - Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment