Sunday, March 16, 2014

Light

Whenever I am walking in the woods or down a street, or enjoying something good to drink outside a cafe, I notice the light.  I see how it plays on the windows of buildings and how it transforms a leaf into stained glass.  I notice the shadows that fall softly or glare darkly.  Light and I waltz.
These quotes revere light in some form or another, through symbolism or comparison or metaphor.  Read them and see what comes to mind and write for a few moments.  Enjoy these prompts.

We know one another only by the way we bend light. ~Skip Largent

Moonlight is sculpture.  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all the others were making ships.  ~Charles Simic

Love is not consolation.  It is light.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I'll tell you how the sun rose a ribbon at a time.  ~Emily Dickinson

Wine is sunlight, held together by water.  ~Galileo

Firelight will not let you read fine stories but it's warm and you won't see the dust on the floor.  ~Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment