Sunday, March 16, 2014

National Poetry Month

Last April, for National Poetry Month, I excerpted a line or two from a poem I like and linked to it in my facebook profile. Last year it was a hit, and so I will do it again this year, including my posts here as well.   Click the link to read the entire poem.  Enjoy!

April 1, 2010
"I do not know which to prefer,
The beauty of inflections
Or the beauty of innuendoes,
The blackbird whistling
Or just after."
- Wallace Stevens, "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird"

April 2, 2010
"Do not move
Let the wind speak
that is paradise."
- Ezra Pound, "Notes for Canto CXX"

April 3, 2010
"I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body."
- Pablo Neruda, "Sonnet XVII"

No comments:

Post a Comment