Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter words

Tomorrow I return to work! Thursday my department took off work due to the weather we knew was arriving, and Friday the Museum was closed. So I have been home since Wednesday evening. Only Friday did I walk over to the store to get some groceries and that's been the only time I left the house! I almost like it, but I think one more day of it I would have to go somewhere... Might as well be work!
So here's a couple quotes to close the winter days and start February on the "right" foot.
January 30, 2010
"I should say winter had given the bone and sinew to literature, summer the tissues and the blood." - John Burroughs, The Snow-Walkers (US essayist & naturalist, b.1837 - d.1921)
January 31, 2010
"February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March." - Dr. J. R. Stockton

No comments:

Post a Comment