Sunday, March 16, 2014

Goodbye January, Hello February

So I had a little bit of cabin fever this weekend. Stayed home from Wednesday evening through Sunday evening. I didn't pull my car out of the garage until Monday morning to go to work, hopeful that the roads I needed to drive on would be clear and mostly free of ice. My tires... I need to get new ones but its just going to have to wait another month until I can afford it. So, if it is not too much to ask, no more ice and snow, please. :) Thank you!
I did get out once, on foot, to the nearest grocery store. I would love to live closer to some locally owned places but unfortunately I am closest to one of the biggest conglomerates and have to make do with it for now, especially when the weather has been this slushy!  On the way back I took a few pictures of my house as the snow became more blustery. The camera was starting to get damp, so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.  I did get a few pictures of a fire hydrant and a stop sign that someone hit.  Played around with them in Picnik, a free photo-editing website.  I ended up making some fun pictures.
I love looking out at my backyard and seeing a great sheet of white only disturbed by a few trees and a birdbath. It would be neat if I had some of those colorful bouncing balls from the toy department scattered throughout the snow. Pretty playful picture.
After work today I drove to Lake Hefner because I missed getting a few ice and snow shots around the lake when it snowed in December. I took a few today, but I may try again tomorrow. I love the little naked trees that curve in the direction the wind has blown.  These trees show the movement of the past.  My fingers were getting super cold! Silly me not wearing gloves!
Saturday I made some miniature frittatas. I am trying to learn to just combine what is important from a recipe with whatever I think I can add or subtract from the recipe. I didn't have any half-and-half, so I used a little milk. So I used a box of frozen spinach I've had a while, chopped up some cherry tomatoes, sautéed them in olive oil, dropped a teaspoon worth in a greased large muffin pan, and poured beaten eggs and milk mixture on top. Added a little cheese and cooked it in my old gas oven for around 30 minutes at 350. Turned out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment