Sunday, March 16, 2014

Searching for inspiration

I've been wondering how long it is going to take this state to inspire me. That's kinda selfish, though, to think that it's an obligation for a new place to inspire creativity. Laughable. But I fear that some of my latest concerns will cause me to forget creativity and settle for humdrum monotony. Walking for an hour listening to music on my iPhone... That draws imagery of suburbanite for me. That's not me.

I am words. Music. Sunsets and moonrises. Yellow flowers by the road. Scratched out lines of prose working into poetry. I am organizer and idea lightbulb. But I am not motivation and I am slow action. Sometimes I perform the time-consuming mindless mundane before I attempt the challenging creative fun of physically making art out of language or crafts. And I need the inspiration to move out of stagnation into motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment