Sunday, March 16, 2014

More April Quotes

April 8, 2010
"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden."
- Claudia Ghandi

April 7, 2010
"This spring as it comes bursts up in bonfires green,
Wild puffing of emerald trees, and flame-filled bushes,
Thorn-blossom lifting in wreaths of smoke between
Where the wood fumes up, and the flickering, watery rushes."
- D.H. Lawrence, "The Enkindled Spring"

April 5, 2010
"It was late, late in the evening,
The lovers they were gone;
The clocks had ceased their chiming,
And the deep river ran on."
- W. H. Auden, "As I Walked Out One Evening"

April 4, 2010
"I want to mirror your image to its fullest perfection,
never be blind or too old
to uphold your weighty wavering reflection.
I want to unfold."
- by Rainer Maria Rilke (Translated by Annemarie S. Kidder), "I Am Much Too Alone in This World, Yet Not Alone"

No comments:

Post a Comment