Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lexington Lives

I am thinking about submitting this collection to a poetry book contest, my collection of 30 poems centered around lives and deaths of people who lived around Lexington, Kentucky.  I need to go through and edit them, read through and edit again.  Originally the poems were meant to be accompanied by photographs of cemetery scenes and statues, but I doubt I will ever have the book published with that initial vision.  It would have to be a reprint, OR a self-published version of it.  I've seen websites where one can submit their manuscript and it is printed on demand when people order the book.  That is an option, I just doubt anyone would purchase it.  That's like a blind dream.
On another note, I am sitting at my home office desk, looking out the window, and watching little red finches and house sparrows in the front yard peck at the ground.  The smell of charcoal burning drifts down the street.  The day's festivities have begun.  Happy Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment